Please note all Only Essex instructors are self employed and operate under a franchise with Only Essex Driving The agreement is made directly between your instructor and yourself, and is effective from your first driving lesson.
1. Payment for lessons is always one week in advance
2. All block booking payments are non refundable. In exceptional circumstances and at the instructor’s discretion any refunds that are to be made should be directly with the instructor not Only Essex Head Office. Only Essex Driving cannot be held responsible for any payments made to the driving instructor.
3. If you have chosen to undertake driving tuition this agreement is between you and your Only Essex franchised instructor. No contractual liability shall arise or subsist between you and Only Essex Driving.
4. The following applies to all Block Bookings and promotional offers: There cannot be a break between the lessons of more than 2 weeks, otherwise the remaining lessons will be forfeited Abuse of these offers will result in the remaining lessons being revoked without possibility of a refund. (This does not affect your statutory rights.)
5. The driving school allows 15 minutes waiting time for the instructor, due to unforeseen delays such as traffic etc.
6. In the event of a mechanical breakdown of the vehicle in which you have been learning to drive, or for any other reason, the instructor reserves the right to rearrange a driving lesson to a time convenient to both you and the instructor.
7. The Driving Instructor cannot be held responsible for driving tests postponed or cancelled by the Driving Standards and Vehicle Agency.
8. Where payments are made direct to the instructor, Only Essex Driving do not accept responsibility whatsoever for any acts, default or failure on the part of the instructor not to carry out his or her obligations.
9. Cancellations should be made directly with the instructor, 48 hours prior to the lesson appointment, otherwise the lesson is chargeable.
10. We reserve the right to refuse a driving lesson or terminate a driving lesson should the driver be under the influence of alcohol or any other substances that would contravene road safety.
11. A test can only be booked with the full consent of the driving instructor. We reserve the right to withdraw our cars for tests without notice should the instructor consider that you are not at test standard.
Not Happy? Only Essex would like you to be happy with your driving lessons. If you are not satisfied then any complaint should be made in the first instance to your instructor. If a suitable solution is not reached then the complaint should be put in writing to the Driving School at Moor Lane, Cranham, Essex RM14 1EU
All lessons to be taken continuously with no more than an agreed 2 weeks break in lessons. The offer will not apply to those individuals who book a test without the instructor’s prior knowledge.